However, the 3,000-plus RMT union members who were due to strike over disputes centred on tube staffing and safety suspended their planned strikes today, following talks which mean almost 60 percent of the job cuts planned by London Underground (LU) have been reversed.
Under former Mayor Boris Johnson, London Underground had slashed station staff numbers by 953.
The two Tube strikes planned from Sunday to Wednesday have been suspended, it has been announced.
The union said it had secured the reversal of "nearly 60 per cent" of proposed job cuts.
The RMT said 533 jobs have been reinstated as a result of its campaign.
The TSSA had already suspended its planned walkout after talks between the parties at mediation service Acas.
'The remainder will comprise supervisor and customer service assistant roles and are expected to be a mix of both full time and part time.
LU chief operating officer Steve Griffiths said: "If the strike by the RMT goes ahead, we will be working hard to minimise disruption as much as possible and doing our best to help customers travel around the capital".
Transport for London (TfL), operator of the Tube network, said many stations in central London would not open at all or close at short notice over the three days.
'I urge the RMT to keep talking with us and not disrupt the lives of Londoners'.
More than 3,000 members of the transport union had been set to walk out in a proposed 16-hour strike beginning at 6pm on 5 February.