Resort officials said that at around midnight local time on June 2, a gunman entered Resorts World Manila firing shots and setting gaming tables on fire.
The militant Islamic State group says it carried out the attack on a casino and hotel in the Philippine capital Manila, which left at least 36 people dead.
He fled with more than 2 million USA dollars (£1.5 million) in stolen casino chips, then forced his way into a room in an adjoining hotel and killed himself.
CCTV captures of the suspected attacker at the Resort World Manila hotel and casino complex.
About 90 minutes after the attack began, Resorts World Manila said on its Facebook page that it was on lockdown following reports of gunfire and it was working to ensure the safety of guests and workers.
Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) claimed responsibility for the attack, but that was rejected by authorities who said it appeared to have been a botched robbery.
The gunman initially disappeared into the chaos of smoke and running people, leading to a five-hour manhunt through the complex, which also includes a hotel and shops, Dela Rosa said.
"Definitely us patrons, we did not expect that, everyone ran away".
"With an incident like this, especially at Resorts World Manila, we certainly would ratchet that (security) up even more...certainly an issue we will buckle down on", Lawrence Ho, 40, who owns casinos in Manila and Macau, told in Hong Kong.
One person was killed while 30 people were injured in the attack, including one who suffered a slight gunshot wound, Albayalde said.
Numerous victims are believed to be women and are thought to have suffocated from smoke inhalation as crowds battled to escape the venue.
The man then started several fires before filling a backpack with casino chips worth around £1.7m.
According to Mr. Albayalde, the gunman, apparently a foreigner, stormed the establishment carrying an assault rifle and two litters of gasoline, fired at the ceiling and set gaming tables ablaze.
Philippine National Police Director General Ronald dela Rosa told reporters that police searching for the gunman found him dead of apparent suicide in a hotel room in the complex.
Ronald Romualdo, a maintenance worker at Resorts World, said he and his colleagues heard gunshots and saw people smashing the windows on the second floor and third floor to escape.
But police said there was "no truth" to the assertion. "One woman I was trying to save fell from the second floor".
Dela Rosa said there was no immediate indication of terrorism.
Of the 37 victims, 13 were employees of the casino while the rest were guests.
On Friday, Delfin Lorenzana, Philippine defence minister, told Rappler news website that ISIL fighters "are now" in the country.
Witnesses reported seeing injured people, including a SWAT officer who rushed to the scene and was reportedly fired upon.
"The safety and security of USA citizens overseas is one of our highest priorities. Let us be calm but at same time be alert, ready to help our security forces", Mr. Esperon said.
Speaking at the White House Rose Garden to discuss the U.S.' withdrawal from the Paris climate agreement, Trump said: "I would like to begin by addressing the terrorist attack in Manila".
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte imposed martial law last week across the southern region of Mindanao to crush what he said was a rising threat of Islamic State there.