The assaults, which saw two suspects pull up to five people and douse them with the corrosive liquid, began at around 10:25pm when a 32-year-old moped rider was approached by the pair as he rode on the Hackney Road junction with Queensbridge Road.
One victim in his 20s was reported to have sustained "life changing injuries" after having acid squirted into his face on Thursday night.
Around 15 minutes later, a 24-year-old male suffered life-changing injuries after acid was thrown in his face at Cazenove Road, N16 near junction with Upper Clapton Road. The BBC cited resident Jon Moody saying, "I heard a high-pitched scream but thought it was the boys playing football". The victim was taken to a hospital.
"You can be riding along and they chase you on another moped".
Sarah Cobbold who was a witness said on Twitter:"Police and ambulances on Hackney/Queensbridge Road, possible acid/petrol attack".
Theresa May's spokeswoman said Friday that officials were working with police to see what more could be done to stop the use of acid as a weapon and victims groups called for tougher jail sentences for those behind the attacks.
According to the police age, boy age 16 had already been held on the suspicion of robbery causing awful body harm, two men riding moped threw acid on individuals in five separate attacks in the early hour of the morning after he was identified near the scene.
One of the attackers stole the victim's vehicle and the other made off on the moped they arrived on.
"The acid can cause horrendous injuries", she said. "Acid attacks are completely barbaric".
UberEATS said it was shocked by the attack.
Assaults involving acid and corrosive substances have more than doubled in England since 2012, with the number of acid attacks in the capital showing the most dramatic rise in the recent years.
Clark said: "I would urge businesses and parents to challenge those who they think may be trying to obtain or carry these substances".
The victim went home before calling police.