The US-backed coalition led by Saudi Arabia has been at war in with the Shiite rebels known as Houthis since March 2015.
The strike comes just a day after Saudi ambassador to the UN Abdallah Al-Mouallimi agreed to reopen some ports to allow aid in.
The Saudi ambassador to the United Nations on Monday said that his country is preparing to reopen all air and sea ports in areas controlled by the Yemeni government "within the next 24 hours".
The Saudi-led coalition, which is fighting Houthi rebels and is trying to restore the government of Yemeni President Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi, has requested UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to send experts to Riyadh to develop a more robust verification and inspection mechanism to prevent the smuggling of weapons and missile parts into Yemen. More than two-thirds of the people in need and 80 per cent of all cholera cases in Yemen are closest to the two ports, which are both in rebel-held territory.
On November 4 Saudi Arabia said it intercepted north or Riyadh is said was sacked from Yemen - blaming Iran for the incident, Saudi authorities accused Iran of "declaring war" on their country.
Iran denies arming the Houthis and blames the conflict in Yemen on Riyadh. United Nations spokesman Stephane Dujarric said on Tuesday that there had been no humanitarian flights to Sanaa airport and no humanitarian or commercial shipments to Hodeidah and Salif ports since November 6. The humanitarian situation in the war-ravaged Yemen is now one of the deadliest in the world as starvation and lack of medical supplies leave millions at risk - the Saudi blockade of Yemen has added to the country's woes. "Without Sanaa airport and Hodeidah and Salif seaports fully functioning and able to receive cargo, the dire humanitarian situation in Yemen will continue", Dujarric told reporters in NY.
"I would like to draw your urgent attention to the extremely appalling situation in Yemen, caused by aggression, indiscriminate targeting of civilians and a blockade, imposing intolerable suffering on the Yemeni people", Mohammad Javad Zarif wrote, calling for global action to end the mass destruction in Yemen, according to a transcript of his remarks posted on the Foreign Ministry's website.
Saudi Arabia and the US have accused Iran of supplying the ballistic missile used in that attack.
It says those ports are in Aden, Mocha and Mukalla.