"Both (physical and verbal) - blackmail and physical", Hewitt said.
"For me, it was probably the abuse that I caught from him that, yeah, in the end I drew a line in the sand", Hewitt said, adding that there was little chance of reconciliation. "No. No. I spent a lot of time with him one-on-one at a lot of tournaments and tried to get a coaching structure and physical team around him to give him the best opportunity".
"He won't play Davis Cup while I have anything to do with it", Hewitt said in a press conference.
"The threats that I've received, for me and my family, that I've had for a year and a half now, I don't think anyone would reach out to a person who speaks like that", Hewitt said.
Hewitt said Tomic won't represent Australian in the Davis Cup again while he's in charge as captain and has accused his one-time mentee of blackmail and physical threats.
Hewitt, a two-time major victor, said at a news conference after his opening-round loss in doubles Thursday that their conflict originated more than a year ago with disagreements over whether he should grant Tomic wild-card invitations for tournaments.
Tomic, who has long had a fractious relationship with Hewitt and Tennis Australia, claimed that he and countrymen Thanasi Kokkinakis and Nick Kyrgios "don't want to play (Davis Cup) any more because he's ruined the system".
The 37-year-old Hewitt and John-Patrick Smith, playing on a wild-card entry, lost 3-6, 6-1, 6-4 to Marcus Daniell and Wesley Koolhof.
"I can't believe we are sitting here on a morning when we should be celebrating the fact that five Aussies are through to the third round and talking about things like that", Jones said. Asked if he felt the threats were empty, Hewitt replies "Yes".
Hewitt added that he had been supportive of a troubled Tomic for some time and that "deep down [Tomic] knows what I've done for him".
"I don't have a management company".
"Bolty, Polmans, all of these guys - they're under his wing, so they get a percentage of that".
"Go away, like literally, if he's retired, why are you still in tennis?" he continued.
Tomic, who rose to a career-high 17 at his peak, has not played Davis Cup since 2016 and alleged Hewitt "doesn't put the players first".
"It will (continue). He won't play Davis Cup while I have anything to do with it".
Despite admitting to threatening Hewitt over email, Tomic denied threatening the family of the former world No.1.
Hewitt started mentoring Tomic after retiring as a singles player, but says he has "not had anything to do" with Tomic for a couple of years.
Our very own Gerard Healy has responded to Nick Kyrgios after the Australian tennis ace told the Sportsday host to "shut his mouth" on social media. "When I was working with Bernard, I realized quickly that he didn't work hard enough".