"Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families", she added.
The suspected gunman who killed dozens of people in New Zealand is an Australian "racist eco-fascist" who posted a 74-page manifesto online before the shootings and described Donald Trump as a "symbol of white supremacy". Two explosive devices attached to suspects' vehicles have been found and they have been disarmed. "This is one of New Zealand's darkest days".
The suspect has been charged with murder while three other people have been held in custody.
Halifax MP Holly Lynch also took to Twitter and said: "Horrific news from New Zealand this morning". One person with us had a bullet in her arm.
At least 48 people, some in critical condition, were being treated at Christchurch Hospital for gunshot wounds, authorities said.
The Pittsburgh synagogue attack prompted an outpouring of interfaith solidarity between Muslims and Jews at the time, with the SAJBD statement - one of several from Jewish organisations so far - showing that the Queensland mosque attack has inspired the same.
Police said the shooter had two semi-automatic rifles, two shotguns and another firearm - all purchased legally.
Before Friday, New Zealand's worst mass shooting was in 1990 when a gun-mad loner killed 13 men, women and children in a 24-hour rampage in the tiny seaside village of Aramoana.
"We are now dealing with an unprecedented situation in New Zealand".
Police have also charged "one man in his late 20s" with murder. Nichols said he saw two wounded people being carried out on stretchers past his automotive shop.
Police said the investigation extended 360 kilometers (240 miles) to the south, where homes in Dunedin were evacuated around a "location of interest".
Asked by journalists how they weren't previously known, Bush said police will look at all evidence to make sure nothing was overlooked.
"Indonesia strongly condemns this shooting act, especially at a place of worship while a Friday prayer was ongoing", Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi said in a statement.
In full, Her Majesty said: "I have been deeply saddened by the appalling events in Christchurch today".
The Bangladesh cricket team - which had been in Christchurch for a test match against New Zealand that was later cancelled - all escaped without injury.
"My warmest sympathy and best wishes goes out to the people of New Zealand after the terrible massacre in the Mosques. We must all stand together as humans to defeat this evil in all its forms".
"The brutal attack. will never diminish the tolerance and decency that New Zealand is famous for".
Police are warning people on social media about the distressing video which captured 17-minutes of the attack.
- All schools in Christchurch were put on lockdown and mosques told to close their doors.
A spokesman for New Zealand's interior ministry said the video is likely to be classified as objectionable content under local law, and could be illegal to share.
It's also requesting extra police patrols at their mosque in Old Irving Park, their education center in Morton Grove, and their campus in Skokie.