Huawei will delay the launch of its much-touted foldable 5G Mate X smartphone by three months, the latest setback for the company that was slapped with U.S. sanctions last month.
For the uninitiated, Aurora OS is not the only option Huawei has been considering; the company is also planning to develop its own OS, dubbed the Hongmeng OS for which the company Huawei has also filed for a trademark in around nine countries.
Williamson said that Hongmeng would be ready to go "in months" in case trade tensions escalate into a full-blown trade war.
Huawei has come under mounting scrutiny for over a year, led by USA allegations that "back doors" in its routers, switches and other gear could allow China to spy on United States communications.
For this operating system, Huawei has prepared Launched in October in the name of Oak OS for the worldwide version and is expected to come with a new flagship smartphone such as the Huawei Mate 30 and earlier. Huawei has adamantly denied all of the US' accusations against it. However, this is even more hard to believe but we can hope for the best.
In an official statement on May 14, Robert Strayer, the ambassador for cyber and global communications at the US State Department, said Huawei could be ordered to undermine network security and steal personal information of Americans or conduct cyber attacks by China.
A piece of information that comes shortly after knowing that Huawei would have already manufactured a million terminals with this new system and that other Asian companies such as Oppo or Xiaomi would also be testing it on their smartphones.
Huawei's ambition to become the world's top-selling smartphone maker by the fourth quarter of this year are now delayed, a senior Huawei executive said this week.
Huawei accounted for around 4 per cent of the company's overall sales previous year.
Mehrotra said Micron was assessing impact from the ban on Huawei, one of its largest customers.