Public Health Ontario has confirmed 208 more cases of COVID-19. There are now 1,355 confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in the province. More than 49,000 people have been approved for testing, and 40,630 of those have tested negative.
There are still 7,203 cases under investigation in the province.
Eight patients have recovered from the disease in Ontario and 18 people have died, though the Ontario Ministry of Health now says two of the deaths are not lab confirmed.
A spokesman for the Public Health Unit said it was following up close contacts of cases who are located within the Northern NSW Local Health District.
Of course, people going for a stroll are advised not to congregate and always practise physical distancing by staying at least two metres away from other people. The cases are the firsts for both Ottawa fire and Ottawa police.
Medical Officer of Health Dr. Vera Etches has said it's likely thousands of Ottawa residents have contracted the virus.
As of 10:30 am on March 29, there are 1,326 cases of COVID-19 in Ontario.
Generally, statistics for official diagnoses should be viewed with caution.
A new emergency order that prohibits gatherings of more than five people is now in effect in Ontario amid the COVID-19 outbreak. The previous limit had been 50.
Funerals are permitted to proceed with up to 10 people at one time.
Ford said his efforts to prevent the artificial inflation of prices for products such as hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes include fines for company heads as high as $500,000 and a year in jail.
"I'm coming after them with a vengeance". "Nothing is more important", said Christine Elliott, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health.
For seniors, who are "particularly vulnerable", Trudeau said, $9 million will be invested in the United Way's New Horizons for Seniors Program.