For the 8 individuals who broke the regional mask required, that suggested digging graves.
Eight anti-maskers in Indonesia have been forced to dig the graves of COVID victims, in what local authorities hope will be a solid deterrent.
Speaking to Tribune News, Cerme district head Suyono, said that he punished the eight persons who did not wear face masks by making them dig graves at a public cemetery in Ngabetan village.
"There are only three available gravediggers at the moment, so I thought I might as well put these people to work with them", local politician Suyono told Tribun News.
To clarify, the anti-maskers were only forced to do manual labor. Two rule-breakers were assigned to each grave - one was made to dig, while the other lined the grave with wooden boards to support the bodies.
He stated that the lads weren't made to deal with corpses, which had been buried by well being officers in protecting clothes.
Jakarta Gov. Anies Baswedan announced the restrictions will last from September 14 to September 27 in hopes to control the surge of coronavirus cases in the city. Nur Amin said that the police are ready to cooperate with the country's military force to help enforce the protocols, including dispersing any social gathering.
The village has also previously had men wear costumes as "pocong" or Indonesian zombies who were then stationed on the village's main entrance to scare the locals into staying at home.
Achmad Yurianto, an Indonesia health ministry official, said during a press conference on Wednesday that 3,963 more patients have been diagnosed with coronavirus across the country, increasing the total number of COVID-19 infections across Indonesia to 228,993 as 135 additional patients have died due to the disease, increasing the death toll to 9,100.