Commissioner Grant Stevens has clarified that under the current laws in South Australia, the individual who lied to contract tracers can not even be fined a single cent.
"The second effect of that lie is this person has numerous associates, persons of interest that we are now trying to identify and locate that we would not have had to do so had they been truthful from the beginning".
"We are absolutely livid with the actions of this individual and we will be looking very carefully at what consequences there [are] going to be", Mr Marshall added. "His actions have affected businesses, individuals, family groups and is completely and utterly unacceptable".
There are 25 cases now linked to the cluster and 4,500 close contacts and their associates are in mandatory quarantine.
Stevens would not be drawn on the man's motivation for misleading contact tracers.
South Australia Police Commissioner Grant Stevens initially said the man was unlikely to face charges because there was "no penalty associated with telling lies".
"The Emergency Management Act requires people to provide information on request", he said.
Stand-up consumption will once again be prohibited outdoors, and group bookings in hospitality venues will be capped at 10 people.
Religious ceremonies will be restricted to 100 people and 10 people can come together for private gatherings.
A total of 100 people will now be allowed to visit pubs and restaurants and a total of 50 people will be allowed to gather at private functions and funerals. The residents are also not allowed to step out for their daily exercises or for even walking their pets.
Personal care providers, such as hair dressers and beauty therapists, will be required to wear masks while patrons are strongly encouraged to wear masks too.
Gyms will also open as restrictions ease at 11.59pm on Saturday and students will return to school on Monday.
Marshall made the announcement on Friday while reporting that SA had recorded three new confirmed cases of COVID-19, all of which were already in isolation after being linked to a new outbreak that was identified on Sunday.
As of Friday afternoon there had been 27,789 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Australia, and the number of new cases in last 24 hours was five, according to the latest figures from Department of Health.
South Australia has recorded 553 cases since the start of the pandemic.
"Everybody regrets the actions that we have had to take", he said.
Both locations are along freight corridors, and the results emerged amid Adelaide's growing cluster, which has sparked a six-day "circuit-breaker" lockdown over the border.