The Taskforce Protect will determine whether any other legislation had been breached in relation to the 36-year-old. Stevens would not be drawn on the man's likely motivation for misleading contact tracers.
Twenty detectives are working on the case. However, when another team reviewed the information obtained during the interview, they found that there were many glaring holes in the answers he had provided.
Marshall subsequently called off the lockdown three days early, but it appears there'll be no punishment for the man, despite almost two million people wrongly being forced to stay home.
South Australia will be lifting its six-day lockdown early after only one new case was recorded today.
She said efforts were continuing to put a "double ring-fence" around the outbreak to limit the risk of more widespread transmission.
But that would not include police action against the man because there was "no penalty associated with telling lies", said South Australia Police Commissioner Grant Stevens.
"He's been in quarantine since his partner tested positive", she said.
This initial case was linked to a medi-hotel in Adelaide, sparking a testing blitz across several hotels in the city.
Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier said that had it not been for the quick thinking of a young doctor who tested the first case, the outbreak may not have been known for weeks. "We'll do whatever it takes to keep Victorians safe".
There are two just active coronavirus cases remaining across Victoria, according to figures released by the health department on Friday. "Time is of the essence and we must act swiftly and decisively".
Prof Spurrier revealed there were about 40 close contacts who authorities had not been able to get hold of directly, saying that was "a big push" for Saturday. "People's lives have been upended as a result of information that lead us to a course of action that now was not warranted in the circumstances".
Mr Stevens said the state was aiming to remove all new restrictions by December 1 if all coronavirus clusters are contained.
Marshall said compensation for businesses hit by restrictions was not being contemplated.
"But my message to South Australia is very clear: we are not out of the woods yet", he said.
"The expert health advice we have received is that we are still managing a very unsafe cluster and although we are reducing those restrictions, we are still very concerned about this cluster".