Two men and two women were killed on Tuesday after getting trapped under an upturned raft on the Thunder River Rapids Ride at Dreamworld, near the tourist-magnet Gold Coast district in northeastern Queensland.
"Dreamworld is concerned about the timing and nature of recent AWU media comments", the statement said. It included a report that declared the, Thunder River Rapids ride was "not fit for service". That document is attached below.
A collision between two rafts flipped one, throwing two children, aged 10 and 13, free and trapping four adults beneath it, Queensland assistant police commissioner Brian Codd told reporters.
"I'm starting to get really angry about this institutional, organisational arrogance".
The theme park has been closed since October 26 for police investigations.
Mr Balnaves did not.
Dreamworld has also defended its safety record against attacks from the the Australian Workers Union, which says it has been warning about problems at the park for years.
Every ride was tested each morning and complied with all safety standards, the park said.
Indeed, Ardent says the Thunder River Rapids ride passed its annual mechanical and safety checks a month ago.
Thomas quoted on CNN said she has been, "deeply affected and saddened by the tragic deaths", especially because of "the impact of this incident on their children and families".
From left Roozi Araghi Kate Goodchild and brother Luke Dorsett
Even as locals continued to deliver tributes to the victims outside the park's entrance, several expressed concern the planned reopening was too soon.
Mr Goodchild said his family wanted answers as to how and why the accident happened. "We want to know why our loved ones were taken away from us in such horrific circumstances".
Mr Goodchild has lost his only daughter, his youngest son and his son's partner, who he said he considered a son.
"This is about protecting visitors to our theme parks and restoring public confidence in Queensland's prime tourism assets ahead of the busy Christmas holiday season", Ms Grace said in a statement.
"Theme parks are fundamental to the DNA of the Gold Coast and we believe they'll bounce back very strongly, but right now isn't the time to be talking about that".
Plans to reopen the theme park on Friday were cancelled following opposition from police, who are still investigating.
"A wide variety of people have called".
The Safety Institute of Australia urged calm and for people to give authorities the time to properly conduct a full investigation.
Araghi said he had been contacted by Thomas and another executive on Thursday.
Under-fire Ardent Leisure CEO Deborah Thomas issued a tearful apology to the families of victims during a visit to a shrine at the park on Friday.